Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Today is Veterans Day and the final day USS New York (LPD 21) will be in port NYC. Her Sailors and Marines will partake in the City's annual Veterans Day events, to include the Mayoral breakfast at Gracie Mansion, the Eternal Light Monument Ceremony at Madison Square Park and the Veterans Day Parade that struts up Fifth Avenue. If you are in the City and haven't stopped by already, she will be open for one last block of general public visitation from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Pier 88.

One last hoorah for NEW YORK and her crew. I hope you can make it.

3 comments:

  1. I attended the commissioning of the USS New York on Saturday, and posted my thoughts on the staff blog of the Museum of Jewish Heritage - A Living Memorial to the Holocaust.

    http://mjhstaff.blogspot.com/2009/11/thou-too-sail-on-o-ship-of-state.html

    Thanks for the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There,

    I hope you don't find this odd. My name is Katie Redman and I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions, via e-mail, about your career path.

    I am interested joining the Navy and becoming a PAO. I was researching information on PAO positions in the Navy when I stumbled upon your blog. I must say it was quite the ideal find, as I would like to one day be in a position quite like yours.

    My Father was in the Navy for over twenty years, so I am somewhat familiar to Navy life and practices and procedures. I am mainly seeking answers or advice pertaining to being/becoming a PAO in the Navy.

    If you have a moment to answer a few of my questions, I can be contacted at catherine.redman@gmail.com.

    Thank you very much!

    Katie Redman

    ReplyDelete